If you are thinking about how to create a podcast and looking to get your podcast ranked in top 100 in iTunes right away – below is my research and strategy on how to start a successful podcast.
Our main Objective: HOW TO GET RANKED TOP 100 PODCAST RIGHT AWAY!
Here is what needs to be done before starting a podcast.
– Create a Landing page on your website.
– Job of the landing page is to collect email address to build an audience for your podcast.
– Landing Page URL Example: www.MainDomain.com/podcast
Buy A Domain:
– Purchase a domain that’s very easy to remember: Example: www.JoinFitBuddies.com
– Put a 301 redirect on the domain. It should redirect to the main landing page that’s hosted on your main website.
– Example: www.JoinFitBuddies.com should go to: www.MainDomain.com/podcast
– When promoting your podcast use this domain. It’s easy to remember and you can track it effectively as well.
– For tracking use UTM codes.
Thank You/Confirmation Page:
– Add a thank you video and share the next steps in the process.
– Implement social [refer a friend] integration:
– Refer a friend tool: https://kingsumo.com
– Include a giveaway + social integration to drive more audience to the landing page.
– It should be sent in 10-15 min right after the email has been collected.
– Create a 60s video clip with an image with the sound wave moving in the background [gif]. So, the main focus is on the audio. Update the link in the bio [IG] and post description to point people to the pre-launch landing page.
– Find 10-15 accounts on IG within your category and work with them and have them post the “podcast clip” to drive more traffic to the pre-launch landing page.
LAUNCH DAY: podcast algorithms that will get your podcast in the top 100 spots right away [24 hours].
– As soon as the 1st episode is released send an email to the prelaunch list. It’s important to highlight that at the end of the podcast you’ve something special for the listeners [checkpoint #2].
– iTunes considers the listening time when ranking podcasts. So, it’s important to hook people in the first 3min to have them listen till the end by providing something exclusive or bonus material.
– One of the most important things is the subscription number. Always ask the listeners to subscribe so they get notified when the next episode is released.
– This is what gets other people to start listening to the podcast. They look at the reviews of people and see if the content is great. It’s important to always ask for reviews.
PODCAST MEDIA OUTLETS:
– Your podcast should be available on the following media outlets: iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, SoundCloud, Google Play and iHeartRadio.
– GO LIVE on your social platform when you are recording the podcast. [send them to the pre-launch landing page].
– Giveaway something to people who leave a review.
– The MAIN thing to keep in mind is Art Cover & Title for your podcast [make sure it stands out].
– Add banner’s on your blog, YouTube, and Social Media using apple banner creator:
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions that you might have.