Credit: Nate Force
Throw Gas On Your Dreams, and Water On Your Fears with Nate Forse
As a coach, Nate encourages his clients to work backwards to reverse engineer their success.
Nate Forse is on a mission to change the world through health, fitness, and entrepreneurship and to help create the healthiest family of people on earth. On this episode of the Staying Uncomfortable Show, Kaivan goes behind-the-scenes to uncover what motivates this former professional athlete to keep achieving and constantly striving to reach new goals.
As a coach, Nate encourages his clients to work backward to reverse engineer their success. Nate explains how he has multiple visions of what he wants to do from a high level, however, he isn’t always able to implement all of them–because there are only 24 hours in a day. He guides the audience through how they can develop their lifestyle around their personality, and how to follow results. The challenge in our day in age is that we want results, without the work.
Nate learned about setting goals and writing them down in 2nd grade, when he wrote in his journal that he wanted to be a professional football player. From there he worked hard, excelled in high school, and pushed himself to his fullest potential. Eventually, his dream came true after being a breakout college athlete at West Virginia University.
From there he was able to work out with the Pittsburgh Steelers. While he didn’t make it to the NFL, he did pursue professional football. He went on to be signed in the arena football league, where he played for multiple seasons. After he was released, he lost his insurance job, his car broke down and was attacked by a dog—all in the same week.
Afterward, a friend offered him a place to stay in Chicago, and from there he was able to bootstrap his coaching business. He believes in the daily journey and his morning routine is one of the secrets to propel him into greater awareness of what he is doing. He also believes in getting little things done every day. The secret to his success, and what he encourages his clients to focus on are keeping up with his rest, maintaining gratitude, and finding balance.
Some Questions Kaivan Asks In this Episode:
- What is the one exercise Nate gave Kaivan that changed Kaivan’s life?
- How did Nate hit rock bottom and grow from that experience?
- How did Nate adopt a morning routine?
- What was his motivation to start his business?
- Was he ashamed applying for minimum wage jobs after being a professional football?
- How do you stay motivated to work out as a professional trainer?
- How do you learn to work from home?
- How do you practice gratitude?
- What is the one message that you want to leave the audience with?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How getting results is the pathway to getting more success.
- How pressure helps Nate to thrive.
- Nate explains how he had the worst week of his life.
- Sometimes, entrepreneurs must give up something in order to keep going, and move forward.
- How to set goals that involve other people so that you don’t give up.
- The one thing that will lead to success in everything else in your life.
Nate Forse is the owner of Forse Lifestyle Coaching where he trains clients in Chicago, Il. Nate played football at West Virginia University, winning three consecutive Big East Championships and three consecutive PSAC championships after transferring to California University of Pennsylvania.
In 2014, after retiring from professional football, he decided to open up his own coaching business where he trains clients to relentlessly pursue their goals of not just a better physique, but also how to live a more optimal lifestyle.