Credit: Andrew Massih
Making Friends and Telling Stories Wherever You Go with Andrew Massih
Find a support group, and to not be afraid to ask for help
Andrew Massih is a man of many hats. A creative based in the Chicagoland area, Andrew brings his inspiring message to the Staying Uncomfortable show. As a filmmaker, videographer, marketer, bar owner, and storyteller he has a unique perspective on the world that is not to be missed. His ability to meet new people, and the tips that he shares on how to make small families wherever you go, are absolutely invaluable.
Andrew was born with the notion that whatever he wants to do he can achieve, so long as he puts his mind to it. He’s been touted by clients as a modern Renaissance Man for his multifaceted skill sets and talents.
Currently, Andrew is gearing his resources towards helping nonprofits to learn how they can get more exposure. He is also helping construction companies to reach a bigger audience through their marketing strategies. However, these are just a few of the projects that Andrew is devoting his time to, and the depth of wisdom that he shares on this episode is incredible. As a storyteller, Andrew believes that a lot of suffering comes from the stories that we tell and perpetuate in life. Andrew encourages us to embrace people we don’t know, who are especially different from us with a handshake and a smile as a sign of good faith.
Andrew believes that being a person of your word and having impeccable faith in your ability to deliver are keys to the entrepreneurial experience. He also believes in reaching out to people and getting help when you feel stressed, alone, afraid, or simply don’t know what to do next. He encourages all the viewers to find a support group, and to not be afraid to ask for help.
Some Questions Kaivan Asks In this Episode:
- What was your path to get to where you are today?
- What type of goals are you setting?
- How did Andrew start a bar?
- How did it feel to save the day and go above and beyond your expectations to help a client?
- Does having fun help you to do your job better?
- What does Andrew do to tune out and decompress?
- What is the one message you want to leave the audience with?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How Andrew worked for other companies in order to set himself up for success.
- How Kaivan recently dealt with racism.
- Andrew’s cab driver trick to meet people in new cities.
- How letting go of bias can lead you to your biggest discoveries.
- How Andrew translated Chinese manuals for eight hours to make sure that a rock concert could still go on after a technical disaster.
- The rule of 5, and Kaivan’s tips for learning faster.
- How to make small families wherever you go.
Andrew Massih is a multi-talented business owner, who is proficient at leading people, and staying organized among his many adventures. He has demonstrated a history of working in the media production industry. He is able to create stories through multiple digital mediums including photography and video work. Andrew has a Bachelor’s Degree focused in Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Filmmaking and Video Production from The Illinois Institute of Art-Schaumburg.